Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Seahawks Football Cake and Cupcakes

While football season may be a few months away, true fans celebrate with their team year round! And so is the case with this weeks cake. It was made for a 80 year old Seahawks super fan! He was having a large party with all of his kids, grandkids, and great grandchildren so we did a small cake and a bunch of cupcakes for everyone. We chose to do vanilla cupcakes with fresh raspberry filling and vanilla buttercream. 
For decorations I chose to make some chocolate football toppers (as always, I found the mold for these online at amazon). I used white chocolate for the laces and then milk chocolate for the footballs. They were adorable!


I also made some stars in Seahawk colors to be toppers as well, for those who did not want chocolate. 


I made up 100 vanilla cupcakes for the party, and also used dark blue and lime green cupcake papers to match the Seahawk team colors. 


I used an apple corer to cut out the center of the cupcakes. I cut off the inside but kept the top so that I could put it back on when they were filled. 


I made some amazing raspberry filling with some fresh raspberries (it was delicious!), then filled up all the cupcakes. 


I placed the tops back on so that the raspberry filling wouldn't spill out all over the place.


And then topped them with a light, fluffy vanilla buttercream.


This is what they looked like in the middle. They were one of my very favorite flavors to date! Absolutely amazing!


After they were all filled and frosted, I added all of the chocolate toppers and stars to the cupcakes. 


All stacked up and ready to go! :) I also made a small cake to cut. It was a small 6 in cake with blue and green stripes. I used a lot of the stars and footballs to make a little starburst topper to add to the top of the cake as well.


Once I got there and I was able to put it all together I was so pleased with the final product. The football and star topper looked wonderful and festive for the big surprise birthday party!


We made a large display for cupcakes as well. 


Everything looked amazing when it was all set up. I am actually really happy/surprised that I was able to match the Seahawks colors so closely (Americolor, if you are in need). I had such a fun time working on this project!
Go Seahawks!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment