Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Flowery Hello Kitty Cake



Fondant flowers are one of my very favorite things to make. I made them in various shades of purple, pink, and some yellow ones. I used white pearl and silver dragees of different sizes for the centers of the flowers. 


I also made up some larger flowers with a bunch of different colors and sizes. 


I used a vanilla confetti cake recipe to make 2 - 10 in rounds. 


And used royal icing to make a little Hello Kitty to put on the top of the cake.


I used a soft fluffy, pink buttercream to cover the cake. Added white fondant pearls to the bottom of the cake and added all of my flowers onto the sides and top of the cake.


I added the "Happy Birthday" message and the Hello Kitty image to the top. I also added a little fondant flower to the image to help it pop. 


It turned out really well and was very girly and fun! Sweet little Sophia loved it and had a wonderful 2nd birthday!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment