Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Purple Penguin Cake

I had a request for a penguin cake...and well, not being very good at carving cakes, I had to find a simple way to achieve that. This idea was simple but ADORABLE! 
Two small 6in round cakes. I cut the top off the bottom cake, but did not cut the top off the second cake. I was so lucky that the cake on top actually raised into a perfect little dome (otherwise I would've had to carve it out a little bit). 
Since the customer's favorite color was purple, we decided to go with a purple penguin. 


I made a tiny little pink bow for the top of her head (to add to the adorable factor, lol!) 


Little button eyes, thin purple fondant for wings, and yellow fondant feet and beak.....ADORABLE!!! HAHA! :)  


Probably one of my very favorite cakes! It's so super adorable and just got cuter the longer you looked at it. I loved it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment