Friday, August 15, 2014

White Wedding Cake with Royal Blue Ribbon

This week I had the wonderful privilege of making my life long friend's wedding cake <3
She was having a 4th of July, beach wedding. She had picked a very simple color palette, of just navy and white, and explained the the overall theme/style as "simple" as well. So I didn't want a lot of embellishments, details, etc on the cake (which I found surprisingly hard to  edit myself for this one, I wanted to add shimmer/glitter, flowers...then more flowers, edible diamonds, etc)
I went with this very basic/rustic white butter cream cake, with two layers of a strawberry orange cake and one layer of chocolate (6in, 8in, 10in). I added a simple fondant ribbon along the bottom - in the same color as the ribbon on her wedding dress. And finished it with a little butter cream pearl border.  


Once it was all set up and ready to go I added the finishing touch - a custom made wedding topper to celebrate the new couple <3


We were very happy that it did not melt and made it to the beach in one piece (with the 3hr drive and 80deg temperatures). I feel so honored to have be part of such a special day! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment