Sunday, July 27, 2014

Groovy Funfetti Mini Cupcakes

When asked to make GROOVY cupcakes, peace signs and big hippy flowers immediately came to mind! ✌️


So I started with some lovely flowers. Hot pink "daisies" and tiny little purple flowers this time. (Please excuse the horrible picture. I had some Crisco on my lens and wasn't aware of how this picture came out until after the flowers were on the cupcakes. Sorry!) 


For the flavor of our groovy cupcakes, I chose a funfetti recipe with a lot of bright sprinkles in it. I also used papers that were brightly colored, with flowers and peace signs on them. 


I was actually really impressed with this recipe because even after 4 batches (scraping the bowl, stiring, scooping) the color on the sprinkles had not started to bleed into my batter yet. A feat that should impress anyone who has ever tried to blend anything into a vanilla batter. Lol! 


After I had them all baked an cooled, I added a very simple, fluffy vanilla buttercream to the tops and finished them off with groovy fondant flowers and sugar peace signs. 





They were amazingly delicious! And wonderfully colorful as well!
I recently discovered the amazing ness of these little cupcake containers for transport! Highly recommended for cupcakes over the traditional cake boxes!


No comments:

Post a Comment