Saturday, June 14, 2014

2014 Graduation Cake

It's June...which means lots of Graduations! Yay! Congratulations Grads on all the hard work!
I had the privilege of making a cake for a recent high school grad, named Cory. 
We wanted something unique and special for this wonderful Grad. They found a cake style they were interested in and then I customized it for them. 
I made a red velvet with a cream cheese frosting since the colors were white, black, and red. He was also heavily involved in basketball and football, so we highlighted that by making a simple outline with his jersey number inside. 
I used a star tip for the red border to help tie in the fondant stars on the top of each square. I also covered the middle star in black shimmer dust to help it stand out from the others. 


I was very happy with the final product. It was a very bold cake that looked very original. Such a fun project!!! Loved working with this wonderful family! <3 Congratulations on all your hard work Cory! 

No comments:

Post a Comment