Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Rose Bridal Shower Cake

Summer has begun! Hooray for flip-flops, farmers markets, fresh berry lemonaid, and...the beginning of wedding season! :)
My first "summer" project was a simple/small bridal shower cake. I received a call the night before it was needed and was asked to make something "girly and fun" for a friends' surprise bridal shower.
I quickly baked up a simple 6in vanilla cake with a creme bokay frosting. 
I decided to tint the frosting a soft pink and do a simple rosette cake. I began piping buttercream roses along the side in two rows. There were small areas where the cake was showing through, so  I piped a little star shaped flower in the holes and added 3 pearls to the center of those star flowers. 

    (Ignore my ugly background. Lol!)

After the sides were completed I moved into the top. I didn't have enough frosting to make a bunch of little rosettes on the top so I made one large rose that covered the entire top of the cake. 
When I finished the rose on top I added marshmallow fondant pearls as a border to the top....


...as well as the bottom. 


I absolutely LOVE this cake!!! It was simple and since I didn't spend too much time planning it I didn't over think it and it was wonderful in its simplicity! 


Such a perfect little bridal shower cake! I love this so much! Can't wait to experiment with this rosette technique on other cakes/projects. The visual impact is really stunning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment