Saturday, May 4, 2013

Red Bow Mini-Cupcakes

Last weekend my friend (and wonderful hair stylist! who I made cupcakes for in a previous post) needed a smaller order of 75 cupcakes. 
They loved the red velvet cupcakes I made for them previously, so we decided to do that flavor again. This time she wanted a different topper, but left it up to me as to the actual design. 

I started with the cupcakes first.


And let them cool. I also used Gold cupcake papers this time to change it up. They looked wonderful! 


I placed them in a 1/2 sheet box with cardboard in the bottom to support the cupcakes. 


While the cupcakes were baking and cooling, I used some red fondant, a chocolate mold, and ruby red disco dust to create pretty red hair bows to top the cupcakes. I used a flower former to help give them a more realistic bow look. 


After covering the cupcakes with cream cheese frosting (YUM!) I topped them with the bows. 
And I LOVED them!!!


They turned out wonderfully! They looked fun and glamorous but still clean and simple. Exactly what I was wanting to do! Everyone loved them! And I am so happy with how they turned out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment