Thursday, April 18, 2013

Royal Icing Flowers

Class this week was centered around different royal icing flowers and leaves.



The first flower we worked on was a violet. 2 small petals on the bottom, 3 on the top with two little dots in the middle to finish it off. Very cute!



Then I put them in the flower formers to help them get a more natural look.



The next flower we made were pansies, Purple and yellow this time, though they can come in a variety of colors.
You make them by making 2 (yellow) petals on the bottom, followed by another two smaller petals on top of those two. And adding 3 petals to the top, however with these petals I did not make them individually, I just continued piping until all three petals were made.



I placed them in flower formers to dry, and added a tiny little yellow circle to the middle of each flower. This connects the two colors a little better and makes it look a little more life-like.



Another way to make them a little more realistic is using a very tiny paint brush or toothpick and painting little 'faces' on them with violet color gel. It really helps make them look better.



The next flower we worked on was ridiculously simple! A very tiny Forget-Me-Not. Beautiful and simple. I LOVED them!!! Using a tip#101s I made a simple 5-petal flower, which came out extra tiny but adorable.



Next we learned how to make a few flowers in a lily nail. We covered the nails in foil covered with a TINY bit of shortening, to make it easier to remove the flowers later.

The fist flower was a purple petunia.



For the stamens I used some lily stamens first.



And then fancy pearl stamens, giving each of them a slightly different look.



Switching to white royal icing and a leaf tip (354 I think...) to make the Easter Lilies.
I loved them! I made all the petals and then went back and place the lily stamens in the middle, adding extra royal icing so they didn't fall down.





I was lazy when making the next flower and I didn't color the frosting. So I ended up with white poinsettias but still beautiful. Honestly one of my favorite flowers I have made so far. It would be fun to cover them in red and gold luster/disco dust! :)



And after making all those flowers, some greenery is needed! :) so of course we worked on some simple leaves with the #102 tip. They are nice and will work with many different types of flowers.



And some beautiful holy leaves for Christmas time :)



And an adorable Christmas tree, or bush, or whatever else I would like to make this into. It's pretty easy. Using a leaf tip (like I did), or a star tip, I worked from the bottom to make the tree. As you can see I need to work on the top of it, but you get the idea. Haha :)


No comments:

Post a Comment