Monday, April 15, 2013

Darth Vader Birthday Cake

I made an awesome cake this weekend for my brother's birthday. He may be 25 year old this year but Star Wars is still a hit. Lol!
He requested a Darth Vader cake, and because I am not skilled with carving cakes, I went to my bake shop and bought a shaped pan in the shape of Vader's helmet. Much easier for me and it probably looks better anyway. Hahaha!
Because of all the grooves I was so terrified that the cake would stick and fall apart, but thanks to liberally greasing it, we didn't have a problem at all! It slid right out! :) I was SO excited! Haha!



I placed it on my cake board and started working. I piped the insides of the eyes and helmet first and all of the outlines.



After I got that looking right, I started filling it in with stars.



And...oh my goodness...it took a lot of stars to fill it all in. But it was worth every minute of it!
It looked WONDERFUL!!!



I also made some cupcakes out of the left over batter and frosting. Of course they had to be topped with black frosting and red sprinkles to match the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment