Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pink Lemonade Petit Fours

I was so excited for class this week!!! I have been waiting for this class since day one. I LOVE petit fours! They are some of my favorite desserts because they are easy, simple, elegant, and can come in so many varieties/styles/designs. I could not wait to learn how to make them properly :)



I started with a 9x13 Pink Lemonade cake, cut into 2x2in squares. I chose not to fill them this time because I did not have enough time this week (2 kids home sick from school all week did not give me a lot of spare time).



I also crumbed coated the 2x2in squares with pink buttercream and colored the poured fondant pink as well, to cover the Pink Lemonade cakes color.



I used a (clean!) hair pick to hold the cakes while I poured some fondant over the top, making sure to cover all corners properly and not to have it too thick on the top/sides.



After I made sure the excess was off, I placed it on a cake cooling rack (over a piece of wax paper, to catch the drips) and let them set up just a little bit.



Before they set up completely I placed the decorations on top. I had some leftover glittery blossom flowers, so I put them on top of a few petit fours.



Putting them in cute little petit four wrappers, available at your local bakery or craft store, really helped jazz them up and make them look much more professional and complete looking.



I put them all together in a 1/4 sheet box. There were quite a few with flowers on them.







But I also did a few with scroll like decorations, as well as some ruffles and flower/scroll/dot buttercream decorations. Just trying out a few different things to see how they worked out.







Then ended up looking wonderful though! I really loved them. cant wait to make another batch!



They were a big hit with everyone I shared them with! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment