Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Figure Piping

This week in class we learned a wide variety of figure piping skills. A very wide variety :)

The first few that we learned were birds - ducks, swans, and a stork. I love these animals! They are adorable and can be used in so many ways on so many different themed cakes. I can't wait to try them on a real cake.






The next is a very adorable creature. It is supposed to be a dinosaur. I think he makes an awfully cute dragon. But in all honestly...he looks like an alligator. Haha! :) Whatever he is he is cute! It'll be interesting to find out how to use him on cakes. Maybe at the bottom of a volcano or in a little nest. I'll have to experiment with him.



The next thing I learned to pipe were grapes (like I said, a wide variety of things this week). I had the wrong tip this week, one size larger, so my grapes are more like table grapes and less like wine grapes but they work.



And the last thing that we worked on were clowns. Belch! I am not a fan. Will probably never make these again but it was an important lesson on spacing and placing things on the cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment