Thursday, February 7, 2013

Baby Buggy Cake

My first real cake project for my class was a baby shower cake shaped like a baby buggy. My daughter helped me color my frosting, so it's a baby girl's cake.

I started with a regular 9x13 white cake, a ganache filling and 3 batches of a stiff buttercream frosting.


After bringing my cake to class we split and filled out cakes to prep them for cutting and frosting.



I cut the top of the buggy out, turned that portion into the wheels, and rounded off the rest of the corners.
After cutting the cake, I thinned out some frosting and covered all my cut edges in frosting as a crumb coat. (I wish I had pictures of this part but my hands were covered in ganache and buttercream)

I learned how to make a basket weave, star, and zig zag this week. I obviously need to practice on making things a little tighter, but not bad for my first cake.



No comments:

Post a Comment