Sunday, February 10, 2013

Doll Dress Cake #1

My 7yr old daughter was truly excited for this week, so my dress was designed for her.
The main goal was learning a small zigzag and ruffles. I will be making many more dolls for all of my daughters friends, so I am sure the styles and varieties will change drastically.

I purchased the Wilton Doll Dress Cake Pan set for this project. I understand that it is possible to cut and shape a dress but for $20 the cake pan was just an easier option for me.

I baked red velvet this week, and made 2 batches of frosting colored pink and white (with a little red/green for the roses). I didn't fill my cake this week but I might split and fill it the next time I make it.


I mapped out my basic dress design, drew it with pink and then decided where I wanted me ruffles and zigzags. I chose ruffles for the dress, zigzags for the underdress.



When I finished my dress, I made three small rosebuds on toothpicks and placed them in her arms.


I also grabbed a few flowers to help embellish the dress and add a little detail.



No comments:

Post a Comment