Sunday, November 24, 2013

Pink Princess Cake with Shooting Stars

This weeks cake was inspired by one my friend had seen and described to me. 
It's a very glittery pink princess cake! Yay! :) 
I started by making all the fun little details that would make this cake special.
Using gum paste (with very little 'Deep Pink' coloring) I made numerous pink daisies. I let them dry in small plastic spoons to give them a nice curve in the middle, as well as a few petals moving different directions to give them.a more natural look.


When they were dry, I dusted them with pearl dust and added a small gumpaste flower center (which was also dusted with pearl dust) 


Using the same pink gum paste, I made a pink bow for the front of the cake. 
Placing rolled-up paper towels into the centers of the bow loops helps it stay in shape and not collapse on itself while it's drying. 
After it was dry, I dusted it with hot pink disco dust. Absolutely Fabulous! Haha! :)


Because this cake was a 2nd b-day cake, and would be eaten by many toddlers, I decided to use lollipop sticks instead of wire to hold up my stars. I used white gum paste and cut out stars, placed one on each side of the stick and 'glued' them together with water. Then once they dried I dusted them with white pearl dust to give them a nice shimmery star look. 
 

Besides the pearls, name banner and letters, I was ready for the cake assembling to start. 

I baked a vanilla bean cake with real Madagascar Vanilla Beans (yummmm!!!) 


Banana cream filling (with a pink frosting barrier)


After everything was stacked and frosted it was time to start putting everything together. 
I used fondant to make the banner, letters, and pearls (dusting them all with white pearl dust). I added pearls to the top, bottom, and the places where the piping touches in the middle. I stuck all the flowers down with a little extra buttercream, and dusted the whole cake with the disco dust so it shimmered. 
I also added a silver and pink tiara, as well as a little wand on the front next to the bow. 


And to finish it off....the stars!!! I added 5 stars, all a little off center from each other.


I absolutely love how this cake came out!!! Super cute and girly! <3 always thankful for all these different, fun cake projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment