Sunday, November 3, 2013

Little Mermaid Cake

It was my daughter's 8th birthday a few weeks ago, and with 'The Little Mermaid' being released on BluRay - that HAD to be the theme. 
I found a Wilton shaped pan that was Ariel's head, so that made the designing part easy. 
I used red velvet cake for this recipe because that's my daughter's favorite. 


She wanted a sandy beach around the base of the cake, with candy melt seashells. 
I used yellow, dark pink, and navy blue candy melts to create many varieties of sea shells. I knocked them out of their mold, cleaned them up, and dusted them with a white pearl dust to make them look pretty. 


I used light brown sugar to make the sandy beach around the bottom of the cake. As well as an 'island' at the top of the cake board to hold the candle. 
I piped the face, body, etc. according to the Wilton instructions that came with the cake pan.  


I used a combo of blue and white frosting in the same piping bag (w/o a tip, only using a coupler) to create a ocean/wave effect. It was SUPER easy, and looked great! 


Ta-da! The final product! :) needless to say my daughter absolutely loved it! <3



No comments:

Post a Comment