Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Mini-Cakes with the Kids

After making my two tiered cake in class, my kids wanted to make their own. I used some leftover cake I saved from cutting my two 5inch rounds (see previous blog post) and cut out some squares to stack and make mini cakes.


I made a mistake and stacked them before I crumb coated and frosted them, making it way harder on myself than really needed.


My daughter wanted purple and my son wanted green. They ended up looking a little like The Hulk colors. Haha! Love it though.





My daughter really loved the Corneille Lace so we covered the bottom tier of her cake with that and added a pearl border around both tiers. We also used some leftover buttercream decorations (hearts and an ombré rose) to finish off her cake.


My son, on the other hand, wanted to make a cake that's very non-traditional so we went with a alien/octopus hybrid thing. Haha! It's pretty fabulous. Especially since he was able to pipe most of his decorations himself.


A very fun night of decorating and eating tons of cake and frosting 😃

No comments:

Post a Comment